LIGHTS, CAMERA, TAKE ACTION!
To celebrate the creativity of the youth in our community, The Vida Del Norte Coalition is launching a youth Anti-Vaping / Anti-Underage Drinking PSA Contest! This Public Service Announcement contest will help to spread the message to that youth using alcohol and vaping is dangerous to their health and development.
The influential youth in our community can help spread awareness about the dangers of underage drinking and vaping, show their commitment to an alcohol / vape free lifestyle and win prizes by entering a 30-90 second video to the Vida Del Norte Coalition PSA Contest.
A PSA (Public Service Announcement) is a short informational clip that is meant to raise the audience's awareness about an important issue such as underage drinking or vaping. PSAs may include many types of video or audio content such as interviews, dramatizations, animations, text or images.
A good example of a PSA video is SAMHSA’s Talk. They Hear You. “Father-Son” PSA about underage drinking which can be viewed on this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn9enF9awM4
All video submissions will be showcased on our webpage, social media pages and events. The grand prize winner will receive a cash prize of $100! The second prize winner will receive a cash prize of $75 and the third prize winner will receive a cash prize of $50!
Clubs, school groups, and school teams are encouraged to submit!
All entries are due by September 13, 2020. Entries will be judged at the Vida Del Norte Coalition September Monthly Meeting. To submit an entry please use the official entry form.
- Submission must include at least three facts about the dangers of underage drinking / vaping.
- All entries should be original.
- Actors cannot portray any alcohol, drug or tobacco use in a positive light.
- No use of real tobacco or alcohol products.
- Video submissions must be produced, directed, and acted by youth.
- NO real drugs, cigarettes, or vaping devices are allowed.
- Video should be between 30-90 seconds.
- Videos must be uploaded to YouTube or Google Drive and the video link must be submitted with the official entry form: https://vidadelnorte.com/video-psa-entry-form/
For facts and information about youth vaping and underage drinking please visit the following resources:
- CADCA 2020 "Put an End to ENDS, Youth Vaping And How Coalitions Can Fight Back" PDF
- CDC - Quick Facts on the Risks of E-cigarettes for Kids, Teens, and Young Adults
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIDAA) - Underage Drinking Facts Sheet
- CDC- Underage Drinking Facts Sheet
For tips about making a PSA announcement please visit the following resounces: